Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Winter Slumber

The restaurant has been characteristically dead the past week.  Last night I had two tables, the previous night three and the night before that four.  During the week we absolutely must have two servers or else the owner will freak out so there's half the money and twice the time to be standing around.  There's a couple of activities that I partake in to pass the boredom and there are as following:

1.  Sneak up to the office and play on the internet.
2. Find globs of sticky tack and make them into animals.
3. Sneak into the kitchen and eat bleu cheese.
4.  Devise paper games (Exquisite Corpse, Paper Telephone, etc.)
5.  Read the newspaper over and over.
6. Continue my search for gold in the hollow wall.  I've carved a pretty big hole that someone adorned with googly eyes so I added a mustache.  This search for gold is serious business.  In the 30's the building the Blue Bird is in was a speakeasy.  The guy sold barrels of moonshine and only accepted gold bars as payment.  At the time, gold bars were illegal and could not be exchanged for money.  After the guy died his son decided to remodel his house and found forty-thousand dollars worth of gold bars.  I think he hid some in the building too.  Jorge and I also theorize that there are dead bodies somewhere too.  I hope we find the gold first.

Anyway, I am off today, entertaining myself with episodes of The Office and chicken breasts.  Hope you're all having a dandy day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment